Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Frank Zappa In Purple Pants With His Purple Parents In Their Purple Pad. Oh Yeah, And His Cat.


Photo by John Olson 


You know things are askew when the cat is not the focal point of the picture.

You know things are downright odd when the cat is not what is mesmerizing your mind.

You know things have entered an alternate universe when there is a picture of a cat and all you can think is how badly you want those purple bell bottomed pants.


*This photo by John Olson was for a photo essay spread for LIFE Magazine in 1970 about rock stars in their parents home. 



4 comments:

  1. Cynthia, where to you find these photos?
    The purple pants would be easy to make. Just find the fabric and a seamstress.
    I might paint my walls purple after seeing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. May I suggest you paint just one wall in this color. As an accent wall. Or maybe half a wall.
      xo,cynthia

      Or better yet, the closet.
      meow. marcy

      Delete
  2. I want those bell bottoms! This is funny, becsuse I have a whole story written about my music teacher whose entire house was purple. I have not published it yet because it ended up being a rant about beige, I did not want to offend anyone, but seeing this makes me want to tell the story!

    And I still want those pants!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh tell the story! I want to hear it!! I do understand about worrying about offending someone with a post. It took me forever to decide to write a post about the panic I feel as a vegetarian on Thanksgiving. But I kept going back to it and I figured well - I would try to make it somewhat funny and relevant and anyway - it's how I feel. You know, I love color but my living room is mostly beige (with pops of red and orange) and I would not be offended by a rant on beige!! Oh - and I love that you love bell bottoms too!!! Yay! Happy Thanksgiving!!!
      xo,cynthia

      Delete