Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Cat Art Show Los Angeles Is Almost Here


"Radical Cat" by Shepard Fairey for Cat Art Show Los Angeles


Cynthia:  Cat Art Show Los Angeles is less than two weeks away, Marcy! Curator, Susan Michals, has been teasing us on Facebook all week with pics of the upcoming exhibit. That top picture is by artist, Shepard Fairey. Isn't it fierce?

Marcy (yawning):  I could take him down. In two seconds flat.

Cynthia:  Do you mean the actual cat in the painting or the physical painting from the wall?

Marcy:  Both.

Cynthia:  Yeah... so... you won't be accompanying me to the opening gala.

Marcy:  Fine by me. Enjoy your cat nerd fest. I'll be taking a bath anyway.

Cynthia:  I will. I am very excited to see what Rob Reger - Emily The Strange's creator - will exhibit.


Emily The Strange by Rob Reger

Cynthia:  There are going to be about 78 artists with over 100 works of art for sale. And a portion of the proceeds will go to Stray Cat Alliance. It's going to be a fantastic. I can't wait.

Cynthia beams. Marcy chews on her toenails.

Cynthia:  Gasp. What should I wear? My cat ears or my cat shirt? Or both?

Marcy (sarcastically):  Why don't you just paint the word cat all over your body and attach a picture frame to your face.

*Cat Art Show Los Angeles will be at gallery 101/exhibit on January 25th from 7- 10pm and January 26th, February 1st, February 2nd from 12-5pm.

6 comments:

  1. Cynthia, you should wear all your cat accessories, paint your nose black and glue whiskers on your face. You will be a walking cat art installation. You will be as beautiful as Marcy thinks she is, which is VERY beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - No fair - you are siding with Marcy on this one. Ha hahaha. ..
      xo,cynthia

      excellent idea. we will call her "faux paw" or just "insane".
      meow,marcy

      Delete
  2. That sounds like so much fun! I was lucky I was not drinking anything when I read the outfit that Marcy wants you to wear because I actually snorted with laughter.

    I cannot wait to read what you actually wear. What an awesome event!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha ha! I couldn't decide if I should have a comeback line but then I thought - nah - just let it go. She's so mean!
      xo,cynthia

      Delete
  3. I want to go to this!! But I just got back from LA 2 weeks ago and it's a 6 hour drive, plus hotel. :( Oh well. And I love black kitties, and everyone's painting them. :( Sigh, hopefully you'll take some pictures and post them?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Merrie! Yes - I plan to take pictures and post them. This event is really taking off and I wouldn't be surprised if it is the first of many cat art shows to come in many different cities. Yay cats!
      xo,cynthia

      Delete