Tuesday, March 25, 2014

mostly me, by penelope (high hopes)





Marcy is in the kitchen enjoying an afternoon snack.

Penelope Kitten is prancing around the house singing a song. She has been doing this nonstop for the past three hours.

penelope kitten:  just what makes that little ole ant/think he can move that rubber tree plant/everyone knows -

Penelope Kitten stops suddenly after she rounds the corner and sees Marcy eating.

penelope kitten:  i want some.

Marcy:  No way.

penelope kitten:  i want a treat too.

Marcy:  Tough luck.

penelope kitten:  then i'm going to sit here and sing my song.

Penelope Kitten starts singing her song very loudly in Marcy's face.




penelope kitten:  high hopes/he's got high hopes/he's got -

Marcy:  Stop it. You're bugging me.

penelope kitten:  then give me some.

Marcy:  No. I was here first.

penelope kitten:  i was here second. he's got high apple pie in the sky hoooopes/so anytime-

Marcy:  Stop it!

penelope kitten:  you're gettin' low/just remember that ant -

Marcy gets fed up and walks away.

penelope kitten (happily eating and singing):  whoops there goes another rubber tree... nom nom nom... whoops there goes... nom nom nom...

Marcy (disgusted):  That song is about perseverance to get what you want, Penelope. It's not about being a pest to get it.

penelope kitten (happily eating her kibble):  that's meeeee! penelope the persevering pest... nom nom nom...


8 comments:

  1. Aww...what a cute motivational poster...she's got little chubby cheeks! :) Thank you so much for stopping by why I was out sick...I really enjoyed you comments..they cheered me up. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I'm so glad you are feeling better, Merrie!
      xo,cynthia

      Delete
  2. Oh, Penelope, now I've got that song stuck in my head!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sing it with me ... we've got high hopes ... we've got high apple pie ... wait ... time out for a treat ...
      squeak, penelopekitten

      Delete
  3. I remember that song!! Penelope is soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank u
      squeak, penelope kitten

      she's not that cute.
      meow, marcy

      Delete
  4. Ha! Penelope is sneaky! I knew it! ; ). Also, that picture is freaking amazing! Did you take it? It is so good! I just kept staring at it! I am surprise Marcy tave in and did not result to violence. My Murphy would have not budged with his food. Marcy is softer than she appears.

    Don't tell her I said that!

    Jenni

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenni!
      I took the photo with my iPhone and just got real close to her. Then I put a filter on it. I feel like all of my good photos are accidents!
      I had a post where Marcy was much much meaner but then I changed it. Sometimes I worry that I go too far with Marcy's meanness and will turn my readers off. It's so hard to know!
      Xo, Cynthia

      Delete